Friday, July 6, 2012

is it the government or the people?

After having spent a month in the UK with the sister, I've come back to Malaysia thinking what an ugly country this is.

before  went for my holiday, I did think Malaysia was beautiful, I loved the narrow streets or the Old Kuala Lumpur.

Now, I just think it's ugly.

The streets, the people, the government also perhaps.

Whether it is the people who make the bad government, I can't quite tell.

The people here seem so uncouth all of a sudden, rude, don't smile, there aren't proper pedestrian walkways, if there are, people would have set up shops, not only blocking the path, making pedestrians risk their lives walking on the road, but also adding to traffic congestion. People park anywhere and everywhere. Litter, don't provide vegetarian options.

As mundane as these things probably are, I feel that it's these little mundane things that make a country truly liveable in.

But, come to think of it, the only reason the people in UK do so is cos all those issues mentioned above are regulated. But then again, it's the people who get them regulated.

So essentially, it's really the Malaysian people who have not evolved.

But then again, there is a growing number of Malaysians who are responsible citizens and play their role. But I think they need to be a lot more aggressive, instead of just doing your own role, you've also got to realise an awareness for it.

But I suppose when supporting facilities aren't that great, it becomes difficult too.

How Komplikasi
thepinkdot

No comments:

Post a Comment