Tuesday, December 20, 2011

people of devotion

it really amazes me how some people dedicate large portions of their life for God. I have two guests at home, they are a recently married couple. the husband was previously a sanyasi.

a Sanyasi is someone who has decided to renounce all material possessions and relationships to pursue spiritual interests. thereby dedicating life to God only.

so, somewhere along the way, he found his soul mate and decided to get married. it is very interesting to see them as they are slightly different from other couples. the one thing I always see them doing together is praying and meditating.

after constantly being exposed to couples who are publicly displaying their affection for one another (which kinda grosses me out) this couple on the other hand are constantly praying or chanting.

it's strangely normal.

in the morning they're singing bhajans, in the evening again it's bhajans and in between, they have their chanting beads and are chanting. I don't know what they do other times as I'm out of the house.

one things for sure, having this couple at home sure has brought me back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment